(London) As the world’s youngest nation marks its fifth-year anniversary 9 July 2016, World Vision is urging the transitional South Sudanese government to intensify its reconciliation efforts to haRead more
On June 15th, 2016, Mohammad El Halabi, the manager of operations for World Vision in Gaza, was detained at the Erez checkpoint on his way home from routine meetings.Read more
Nairobi, Kenya: As the world marks World Refugee Day, forced displacement flows due to the closure of the globe’s largest refugee camp, theRead more
- Globablly one out of every 11 children is out of school
- Girls living in conflict-affected areas are twice as likely to be out of school
- World Visioon calls for education for di
- A coordinated approach is urgently needed when it comes to technologies, tools and models in humanitarian innovation.
- The establishment of the Global Alliance for Humanitarian Innovati
Leaders gathered at the World Humanitarian Summit in Turkey must put child well-being at the centre of discussions, but take into account the voices of young people themselves.Read more
- The humanitarian system must move away from a centralised approach to one that reflects reality.
- Grand Bargain commitments are an attempt to bring significant improvements in the way a
- Grand Bargain savings and efficiencies only useful if more money is released for those working with affected children and communities.
- Building and maintaining long-term local and nati
Aid agency commits to reaching 20 per cent of vulnerable children during conflict and natural disasters
- World Vision commits to reaching 20 per cent of vulnerable children when responding to conflict and natural disasters.
- US$500 million will be spent on health, nutrition and WASH in rel