publication • Thursday, December 7th 2017
Offer for Volunteer position
World Vision Brussels & EU Representation
World Vision is an international relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision works in nearly 100 countries around the globe and is a member of the confederation CONCORD representing more than 1600 European NGOs at the European Institutions.
World Vision Brussels & EU Representation (EUREP) based in Brussels serves to interact with the European Union (EU) and to facilitate the link of the international partnership of World Vision with the EU institutions.About the Volunteer position
The Volunteer position will support Event organisations and Administration, Financial department.
The Volunteer will be required to work 4 or 5 days/week in the office. Provide support to logistical arrangements a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks for meetings, seminars, hearings, training sessions or workshops conducted by World Vision and assist in coordination with other NGOs for joint NGO events (in peak periods) as necessary.
World Vision Brussels does provide the volunteers with a monthly payment for expenses incurred (e.g., transport, food) using a lump sum allowance.
insurance coverage for any accident incurred in relation to their paid or voluntary work for World Vision
ensuring opportunities for learning and development with supervisory support provided by an experienced staff member
Qualification required and key competencies:
- Good knowledge and understanding of the European Union
- Fluent in English – Good command of French
- Good knowledge of MS Office and internet. Preferably familiar with Lotus Notes
- Capacity for self-motivation and ability to work effectively on the basis of general instructions in a small team.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks under pressure.
- Confidentiality & diplomacy
- Preference will be given to candidates who already have their residence in BrusselsHow to apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter to the following address by 31 Dec. 2017: firstname.lastname@example.org Starting date will be on January 2017.
For more information, please consult our website: wvi.org/eu
Only short-listed of candidates will be contacted.