A new report showed that the world could save approximately US$3.5 trillion per year if malnutrition in all its forms was ended.Read more
Syria Conference - Joint NGO Reactive: CARE, IRC, Mercy Corps, NRC, Save the Children, Oxfam, Humanity and Inclusion, Action Against Hunger, World Vision
As the 6th international conference on the Syria crisis concluded this Wednesday, nine international organisations welcomed the commitments that were made by attendees, and noted the following in rRead more
- European Commission preparing a ground-breaking initiative with the UN to eliminate all forms of violence against women and girls
- World Vision launches new global campaig
Today, Mohammad El Halabi, World Vision staff member, pled not guilty to all charges made against him.
- The cost of conflict to Syria is an estimated US$275 billion in lost growth opportunities.
- If the conflict continues to 2020, the cost of conflict to Syria will be US$1.3 trillion.
Former World Vision UK CEO Justin Byworth has been appointed as the organisation’s new Director in Brussels.Read more
- The EU must listen to the calls of African and European aid agencies gathered in Milan to discuss resilience of food systems in West Africa
- Participants at Expo Milan October 28-29 wil
- EU must ensure girls benefit equally from the Sustainable Development Goals, according to a coalition of NGOs.
Following the adoption of the 2030 Agenda foRead more
As members of the European Parliament meet October 7 and 8 to debate the latest violence in the Central African RepRead more