publication • Tuesday, July 11th 2017
Call for CV
Bid Manager/ Bid Writer
Established in 1950, World Vision (WV) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Our more than 45,000 staff members in nearly 100 countries serve millions of the world’s most vulnerable people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
Overall purpose of the call for CV:
World Vision is currently looking to create a roster of talented Bid Managers/ Bid writersfor the production of high quality grant applications towards the European Commission.
The bid Manager/Bid writer will be employed on a consultant basis for a specific opportunity already identified by WV. The assignment might include travel to WV field office and we are looking for experimented Bid Manager/ Bid Writer with the necessary expertise and experience in terms of :
- Multi stakeholders/ multi-countries bid management
- Consortium building/ relationship management with international and local partners
- Donor engagement, specifically with EU donors
- In-depth knowledge of EuropeAid compliance and proposal writing rules
We would welcome applications from individuals with technical expertise in development fields relevant to WV work (like agriculture, education, health, ect…).
Description of the potential assignment:
The mission of the Bid Manager/ Bid Writer is to manage the bid processes with the support teams sitting in WV support offices and field office teams, to write the bid application with the input of WV technical and operational staff and produce handover to support the start of the project and transfer to the project teams.
Typically your mission will start with the bid requirement analysis and will continue throughout the whole bid cycle.
- Requirements and Analysis: You will be responsible to gather all requirements from the donor, analyze the documents, and if needed lead the organisation for donor meetings with EU delegations.
- If needed, you’ll support WV support offices and field offices in their relationship with potential partners for the bid to build and manage the Consortium.
- Bid Design: You’ll design timeline and project plan together with our technical and operational teams sitting in WV, support offices and field offices.
- Bid Management: You are managing the bid process making sure all relevant information are shared with WV different internal offices and departments, potential partners in the field and WV units. Your role will be ensure the timely and complete submission while ensuring high quality work and meeting internal review/approval cycles.
- Budgeting: You will be responsible to integrate all technical and operational information in the bid budget produce the budget according to EC rules and regulations with the support of WV financial departments at Headquarters, support offices and field level.
- Bid writer: You will write answer to the bids and assume quality, technical, EU rules and regulation compliance, perfect language, and appearance and design consistency for the documents (Word and potentially PowerPoint).
The submission of the bid will be done by one WV support office, the consultant has the responsibility to provide to WV support office the whole package to be submitted.
In detail / Responsibilities
- Management of Full Bid process
- Donor requirements reading and analysis
- Conception of timeline and proposal design plan
- Ability to create budgetary calculations and costings
- Participating in costing discussion with WV offices and partners
- Coordinating inputs received form all WV departments and partners and their consistency
- Bid writing and Presentation creation
- Collecting and preparing administrative documents and references
- Ensure compliance with EC rules and regulations and deadlines of bids
Who you are / Qualifications
- A bid manager and bid writer in the development and humanitarian sector
- Experienced with EC bids and in-depth knowledge of EuropeAid rules and regulations, experience with other EC DG is a plus.
- Strongly organized
- Collaborative attitude
- Strong customer service sense and attitude with a commercial and entrepreneurial driven mindset, self-starter,
- Must be self-motivated, work well under time pressure, meet deadlines and communicate timely with a wide range of different teams
- Strong proficient in Microsoft Office tools, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and spoken command of English.
- 2nd Language preferred: professional/very good level in French
- Ability to travel in developing countries
How to apply
As this is a call for CV to create a roster, we don’t foresee any interviews before a specific assignment will be identified which will depend on the need of WV to contract an external Bid manager/bid writer. When an assignment will be identified, we’ll contact short-listed candidates to check their availability and scheduled an interview.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a one-page maximum cover letter (if they want to include a cover letter, but this is not a requirement) by e-mail not later than 30th of September 2017, to the e-mail address: email@example.com