Job vacancies in World Vision Timor-Leste are advertised on this site. Currently, there are three (3) positions vacant in Dili and Bobonaro.
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator, Bobonaro (1 Position)
Purpose of position
To ensure that the projects in an Area Program are monitored, evaluated, and reported according to World Vision standards.
- Develop and revise indicators for all projects in your Area Program in consultation with the Project Coordinators and DM&E Manager at National Office.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation plans, systems, procedures and tools for project staff to monitor and record project progress.
- Lead the utilization of monitoring and evaluation information, secondary data from government and other development agencies for reflection and re-design for the target community and project staff.
- Manage baseline survey processes and project evaluations in consultation with Project Coordinators and Facilitators.
- Ensure regular data collection for monitoring purpose is in place according to M&E plan and each project is supported with appropriate data collection forms.
- Support the reporting process to ensure it is on time and meets World Vision standards.
- Take and store photographs of project activities and achievements. Liaise with the Communication Officer about making these resources available.
- Based on project reports, prepare project information and articles as required by the media and donors in consultation with the Communication Officer.
- Work collaboratively with Project Coordinators and Facilitators to share M&E knowledge and to continuously improve M&E processes and outcomes.
- Collaborate with DM&E and Communications staff in other WVTL offices.
- Undertake other tasks requested by the Area Manager.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- University degree in mathematics, statistics or development areas.
- Research and administrative experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and contribute toa team.
- English language skills (can read and understand English).
- Good presentation and communications skills for a number of different audiences.
- Computer literacy, including statistical and database computer programs such as SPSS, EPI Info and MS Access.
- Possesses the values and attitudes that conform to World Vision core values.
Saving and Loan Facilitator, Bobonaro (1 Position)
Purpose of position:
- To bring desirable changes in the community, we serve by building the capacity of its people and thereby developing their economic freedoms.
- The basic purpose of this position is to build the financial capacity and the savings and loans options of communities to strengthen local agribusiness. This will be done by establishing savings and loans groups, linking communities to financial capital and loan opportunities and providing or organizing financial training to community businesses.
Mobilize interested individuals or identified groups within target communities
- Establish good rapport with individuals or groups within target communities
- Mobilizing individuals/groups in target communities to engage in project activities, particularly savings and loans activities in order to achieve the targets of the project
- Build a strong sense of community ownership of project activities in order to increase project impact and improve sustainability
Networking and relationship
- Build good partnerships and improve cooperation between the project and local CBOs, NGOs and financial institutions in order to support project activities particularly capacity building in savings and loans and better access to finance.
- Ensure relevant stakeholder involvement in target communities in order to support project activities and decision making.
- Carry out project activities in target communities according to the project detailed implementation plan, achieving the target set for each month / year
- Support the Project Coordinator to carry out relevant research into the communities financial needs.
- Communities trained in financial planning, book keeping and savings and loans systems according to WV methodology
- Savings and loans schemes established and running effectively with minimum risk according to the methodology
- Community co-operatives established and linked to necessary financial capital or loan opportunitiesEnsure that activities are implemented in the given time frame and with no under-spending
- Support Coordinators to prepare plans with target communities
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Participate in any project activities related to design
- Work with other World Vision Staff to improve understanding and ability to handle other projects with financial components
- Adhere to World Vision Core Values and Policies.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
- Comply with WVTL internal policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- University Graduate
Knowledge & Skills
- Computer skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Networking skills
- Resource mobilizing skills
- Data Collection Methodology
- Ability to work in a diverse culture
- Convincing and mobilizing skills
- 3 Years of experience in developmental interventions
- Willing to work in Target Communit, monitoring and evaluation, with support from the DME officer.
- Monitor the progress of the savings and loans groups in terms of quantity and quality
- All reports in on time
- Report achievements against the targets in the monthly format
DRIVER/SUPIR, Dili (1 Position)
Purpose of the Position
To facilitate WVTL’s project activities by driving responsibly, and maintaining and repairing WVTL’s fleet of vehicles according to established policies and guidelines.
- Utilize vehicles for World Vision projects or general office related matters.
- Drive responsibly; following traffic directions and respecting established speed limits and any other internal regulations for the use of vehicles.
- Maintain daily logbooks which include: kilometers driven each day, party driven or task assignment, any irregularities or damage to vehicle, any maintenance carried out on the vehicle.
- Report vehicle for maintenance according to the established mileage or any major breakdowns.
- Carry out general maintenance of the vehicle which includes cleaning, tire pressure, brake fluid, radiator, oil check , fuel supply, and spare tire.
- Ensure adequate fuel at the end of each day.
- Assist set-up vehicle maintenance card for each vehicle.
- Request vehicle parts when needed.
- Provide service report for each service and highlight any potential problem that has not been dealt with in the current service.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Complete daily maintenance and repair logs.
- To perform other specific tasks assigned by the project Driver/Mechanic Coordinator.Commitment to World Vision International’s core values.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Senior High School
- Training in vehicle maintenance
Knowledge & Skills
- Valid driver’s license. (Depending on location, position may require a class D or higher driver's license.)
- Be able to lift up to 40 kg.
- Excellence in both oral and written communication in Tetum and Indonesian.
- Oral English skill
- Demonstrates basic math skills of adding and subtracting numbers, metric conversions, weights and measures.
- Good knowledge of Timor Leste’s roads and directions.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience as a driver, including demonstrated experience in
- Applying safety and environmental best practices;
- Minimizing hazards to oneself, others and the environment;
- A good safety record;
- Mechanically maintaining vehicles;
- Driving on rural roads; and driving 4WD vehicles
This role requires extensive travel, including overnight stays in districts.
For more information, or to send a CV and job application:
World Vision Timor Leste
Av. Dos Direitos Humanos Estrada de Bidau
Bidau Mota Klaran, Dili, or
branch office in Bobonaro.
P.O. Box 43, Dili - Timor Leste.
Deadline for applications: 03 June 2015 on 17.00 afternoon.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
For general job-related queries, please contact:
Fabiola de Jesus Santos
P&C Senior Business Partner
People & Culture Department
World Vision PTL - Timor Leste
Mobile: +670 7708 8646.