World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 40 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
“Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.” We are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision to join the team in the following roles.
(Please note that these are open to Ugandan Nationals Only)
Position: Project Officer Abim WASH and Agriculture Project
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Duty station: Abim District
Purpose of the position:
Provide technical support and co-ordination of project management/ operations in a manner that meets project set food security & WASH standards and contributes effectively to the wellbeing of children.
§ Co-ordinate and supervise the distribution of improved and drought resistant varieties to two Sub-counties of Abim district and support establishment of Farmer Field Schools.
§ Carry out accurate accountability of the seed varieties distributed to the wet and dry zones of district and offer decision-making support to the project in Abim
§ Carry out Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) in specific areas of seed utilization, crop agronomic performances as well as pest and disease incidences.
§ Training and equipping selected model farmers in the entire districts of Karamoja with knowledge on sustainable agriculture and other agronomic commensurate with their agro-ecological set-up.
§ Train farmers and farmer groups on value chain selection and analysis and principles of improved farming practices, applicable to the small pastoralist farmer’s holdings nature of Karamoja.
§ Represent World Vision Uganda at stakeholder meetings and fora such as the Food Security and Agricultural Livelihood meeting, WASH sectoral and working group meetings
§ Supervise and monitor the technical aspects of drilling works ensuring quality implementation of water supply and sanitation projects in line with the standards addressing the particular response.
§ Co-ordinate the Project’s agricultural extension staffs at sub-counties on matters that concern Project activities such as improved seed distribution, trainings of farmers and farmer groups on improved farming practices, increment of acreage under production by targeted farmers and farming groups.
§ Supervise CDAs and Community Facilitators based at sub-county levels on value chain analysis of suitable projects for elevation of food security and nutritional status of local communities.
§ Assist the Project Manager in a number of project issues and implementation targets and often manage the project activities in the absence of the Project Management.
§ Coordinate and liaise with partner agencies such as UN-FAO, UN-WFP, District Agricultural and Production departments, other NGOs and line government departments on matters pertaining to WASH, Food security and Livelihood interventions in Abim District.
§ In collaboration with the district Water department district extension staffs mobilize communities to initiate CLTS/ PHAST approaches and conduct follow up in the identified villages.
§ Gather/ collect WASH related information vital for project intervention
§ Any other duties that may be assigned by Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Security, Agriculture, Agribusiness Management, Agricultural Economics or Rural Development
· Three (3) years or more experience in agricultural, rural development, extension, WASH, or agricultural related livelihoods. Previous experience with implementing agriculture or livelihood projects among communities recovering from war is an added advantage.
· Experience of community mobilization and facilitation.
· Relevant teamwork experience and good interpersonal skills. Ability to work sensitively with people from a variety of social backgrounds.
· Strong comprehension of WASH service delivery approaches like CLTS and PHAST
· Strong and evident working experience or Farmer Field School methodology
· Self starter, resilient team player able to meet tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills in packages like MS Office is desirable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Position: Community Development Facilitator AIM Health Project
Reports to: Project Manager
Duty station: Kabale District
Purpose of the position
To coordinate implementation of all project activities at a cluster level and monitor project progress towards achievement of targetsKey Responsibilities
- Coordinate, mentor and motivate Village Health Teams ensuring they are working according to activity plans
- Ensure close working relationship with district health team and sub county health centre staff.
- In close collaboration with the AIM Project Manager, and relevant Ministry staff at District and Sub county level, monitor field based activities, ensuring they are in accordance with the work plans and to the quality expected.
- Ensure documentation of best practices within the project is done and shared
- Work in close collaboration with the Area Development Programme (ADP) Cluster management and ensuring that the project implementation is integrated into ADP Programming through frequent dialogue and support.
- Ensure that management and monitoring information is fed back to project management to aid objective decision making.
- Work with Reporting and Documentation coordinator to ensure that both quality quantitative and qualitative data is shared with World Vision Uganda management, District local Government and stake holders.
- Coordinate at the project level the proper implementation of Mhealth project activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- University Degree in Public health, Nursing or any related discipline
- A minimum of 3 years experience in working in the area of Maternal Newborn and Child Health and M&E
- Understanding of Uganda Maternal and New born child Health strategic Direction
- Experience in working communities with good knowledge of public health system and structures
- Knowledge of MNCH methodologies and other related approaches
- Strong interpersonal communication and counselling skills
Position: Community Development Facilitator (Area Development Programme)
Reports to: Programme Manager
Duty station: Various
Purpose of the positionTo guide and facilitate programme development, monitoring and implementation in an Area Development Programme (ADP) in line with programme plans.
Guide ADP programme planning and Development.
· Support and guide ADP scheduled assessments, evaluations, Transformation Development Indicator measurements and designs.
· Facilitate development of the ADP design document and Annual Operations Plan/ Detailed Implementation Plan.
· Gather and analyze community perspectives, and prepare annual work plans and cash flows.
· Write concept papers and proposals for non-sponsorship fundraising.
· Monitoring of progress and achievements of programmes in the ADP.
Implementation of ADP programmes and interventions in line with approved designs and AOPs/ DIPs.
· Mobilise and Organize communities to participate in and own programme interventions.
Build ADP level partnerships, networks and coalitions with civil society organizations and local government institutions.
· Facilitate networking with government institutions and other development partners within the ADP in planning and implementation of development programmes.
· Identify and nurture local partnerships with grassroots civil society organizations, Churches and sub county government.
· Facilitate growth of strong grassroots movements on specific advocacy issues.
Monitoring and track progress of programme implementation.
· Organize ADP level forum assess progress of implementation of planned activities.
· Monitor progress of programme/project interventions against plans within the ADP.
· Organize review, reflection and learning forums for ADP staff, community, local organizations and government.
· Documentation and sharing of programme learnings.
Management of sponsorship performance
· Support and facilitate sponsorship staff and sponsorship service operations in the ADP.
· Monitor performance of sponsorship performance in line with child sponsorship standards
· Facilitate the operations and functioning of ADP child protection committee.
· Ensure adherence at ADP of child protection policy, guidelines and protocols.
Proper and efficient management and use of ADP finance and assets.
· Manage ADP financial and asset resources in line with policy guidelines.
· Produce timely and quality bi-annual and annual reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
· University degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Education or any relevant field.
· At least three years’ experience facilitating community development with direct experience in any of the key sectors of WVU programming (Education, Health, Food security and Child protection)
· Writing and reporting skills
· Networking and influencing skills
· Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliability and dependable
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
**Please note that in addition to the Knowledge, skills and abilities stated for each of the specific roles above, all applicants must be mature and committed Christians, able to demonstrate an active involvement with their faith and also able to appreciate and stand above denominational diversities.
How to apply: Are you the one we are looking for? Do you meet the requirements spelt out above? Are you passionate about achieving Life in all its fullness for Children? Then Please submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to email@example.com.
Address your application to the People and Culture Specialist (Recruitment) and do indicate the post title of the job you are applying for in the email subject line.
Deadline for receiving applications is: Friday, 7th March 2014
(Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply)
We do appreciate your interest in working with us. However, only short listed candidates will be contacted.