World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 40 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
“Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.” We are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision to join the team in the following roles.
(Please note that these are open to Ugandan Nationals Only)
Position: People &Culture (P&C) Director
Reports to: National Director
Duty station: Kampala
Purpose of the position:
Provide strategic leadership, Human Resource and Organizational Development technical support to the National Office as well as provide oversight in all aspects of People and Culture (P&C) across the organization with an aim of optimizing the organizational performance and sustaining the desired culture. The position provides support, to the National Director, and the entire Senior Leadership Team in aligning employees to the organizational strategies, goals and priorities as well as World Vision’s vision, mission and values
Leadership and Management Roles:
· Oversee organizational design guidelines and alignment of organizational structure to the strategy.
· Align Human Resource priorities with the National Office strategy and ensure they are fundamentally based on organizational priorities and integrated with partnership standards.
· Provide input into People and Culture related research, provide Human Resource perspective on analysis and reporting. Establish P&C Dashboard, targets and other relevant human capital metrics to enable management make effective decisions.
· Strategic partnership with the Senior Leadership to strengthen the Organizational Development (OD) and Human Resource function by providing guidance and innovative OD tools and practices to reinforce and positively change the beliefs, values, attitudes and structure of organizations so that WV can better adapt to new technologies, markets, challenges while fulfilling its vision and mission.
· Lead and support the organization’s talent management and leadership development efforts and ensure effective execution of talent management strategy
· Advise Senior Leadership Team to review and validate mission critical positions and develop their acquisition and retention plan.
· Provide overall leadership and technical support to the People & Culture (P&C) team, ensure P&C business plan is aligned with organizational strategies and assure P&C enterprise risks management by testing P&C Internal controls in line with the organizational guidelines
Strategic Business Partnering:
· Actively participate in strategic and tactical planning sessions for organization effectiveness and individual business units to meet organizational goals.
· Lead, plan and co-implement initiatives towards the realisation of the organizational vision, mission and three-year strategic and annual operating plan.
· Facilitate P&C budget guidelines for the various units to incorporate in their annual operational planning.
· Provide technical expertise on business strategies, human resource processes (including but not limited to Recruitment, Employment, Benefits/Medical, Compensation, Orientation, Staff and Leadership Development), and organizational policies and practices.
· Design and implement the business partnering model with line managers i.e lead and implement the P&C business partnering with line managers for effective delivery of People and Culture services.
· Responsible for driving performance culture in the organization; ensures performance agreements, individual development plans, meaningful performance conversations are taking place at mid and end of year as well as providing end to end performance management support including consistency checks, analyses and submission of appraisal reports and administration of performance consequence management.
· Design, review and implement HR policies, systems, guidelines in alignment with the Country labour law, organisation and the Partnership standards.
Staffing, Workforce Planning and Diversity
· Provides oversight geared towards compliance to the organisation’s talent acquisition and legal/industrial standards and ensures that National Office roles are filled with appropriate candidates, whilst maintaining organisation’s standards, processes, policies
· Ensures organizational compliance with International Staffing Solutions/partnership staffing policy and protocols
· Provides staff support to recruitment process and participates in selection as appropriate
· Conducts annual Workforce Plan for the organization as per set guidelines and procedures
· Ensures compliance to organization’s Orientation program and policies
· Contextualizes retention Strategy and ensures execution to provide for both restricted and non-restricted contexts
°Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Bachelors Degree and Post Graduate qualification in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Social Sciences and related disciplines
· Masters Degree in Management, organizational Psychology, Human Resource management and related discipline is desirable
· Extensive experience in Human Resource Management at Senior Executive Management level for a minimum of 5 years.
· Experience in managing large organizational change initiatives will be an advantage.
· Knowledge of organizational policies, labour law and legal requirements.
· Good skills in conflict resolution/problem solving, teamwork, crisis management, training facilitation Influencing, collaborative relationship and coaching.
· Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview and emotional maturity,
· Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
Please note that in addition to the Knowledge, skills and abilities stated for stated in the roles above, all applicants must be mature and committed Christians, able to demonstrate an active involvement with their faith and also able to appreciate and stand above denominational diversities.
How to apply: Are you the one we are looking for? Do you meet the requirements spelt out above? Are you passionate about achieving Life in all its fullness for Children? Then Please submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address your application to the People and Culture Specialist (Recruitment) and do indicate the post title of the job you are applying for .
· Deadline for receiving applications is: Friday, 25th April 2014
· (Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply)
We do appreciate your interest in working with us. However, only short listed candidates will be contacted.