publication • Tuesday, March 15th 2016
PD/Hearth Training of Master Trainers Manual
Training of Master Trainers for Positive Deviance/Hearth
- Training of Master Trainers Manual (download through link above)
- Handouts to accompany Master Trainers Manual
- Volunteer Training Manual
- Handouts to accompany the Volunteer Training
- Job Aids to accompany the Volunteer Training
- Food Composition Table Calculator Tool - email nutrition [at] wvi [dot] org to obtain this file
- World Vision's Positive Deviance Hearth Database - email nutrition [at] wvi [dot] org to obtain this file
We have also developed curricula for Training PD Hearth Facilitators.*Please note that these files are web-ready. Please contact us at nutrition [at] wvi [dot] org for print-ready files.
What’ll it take?Six days of face-to-face time with no more than 20 participants.
What skills will participants walk away with?
- Good facilitation skills.
- Experience in essential community work components.
- Skills in teaching essential elements of PD/Hearth.
- Ideas on how best to create an environment for adult learning.
- Ideas on keeping sessions interesting and active.
Why this tool?
Training in PD/Hearth goes beyond just teaching the methodology. This training works to build good facilitations skills and helps to improve quality control in PD/Hearth training, and in PD/Hearth programming.
PD/Hearth Essential Elements: http://www.positivedeviance.org/...addendum.pdf