Educating children for life
We help children, including the most vulnerable, access quality education and attain functional levels of literacy, numeracy and essential life skills. When children can read, they can better advocate for their rights and help provide for their families.
World Vision uses a lifecycle approach in our programmes that focuses on the needs of children at all stages of development: early childhood, basic education, and adolescence and youth.
OUR GOALS FOR CHILDREN
We work with children, families and communities so that:
- Children read, write and use numeracy skills
- Children make good judgements, can protect themselves, manage their emotions and communicate ideas
- Adolescents are ready for economic opportunity
- Children can access and complete education
A HOLISTIC APPROACH TO EDUCATION
World Vision works with parents, teachers, community members and local partners to ensure that:
- Teachers know how to make learning effective and fun
- Parents are equipped to help their children learn in the home
- Community volunteers are trained to host after-school activities
- Whole communities get the opportunity to create learning materials for children that reflect their traditions, values and language
Download our two-page Quick Guides to learn more about our work. Additional resources can be found on our Resources page.