Learning Roots is a play-based learning approach that supports holistic development of children from age three through six. Learning Roots lays the foundation for successful transition to primary school and life-long learning. It engages caregivers so that they can provide nurturing care; works to strengthen quality of local ECD centres by training teachers and creating safe, playful learning environments; and strengthens systems to foster sustainable support for children by working with local and national networks
Learning Roots Evidence Brief
The Evidence Summary focusses on:
- Foundational Development for Afghan Children at Early Years (FACE)
- World Vision Ethiopia examined whether the Learning Roots Approach and World Vision ECD Centres helped children become school ready
- Early Childhood Learning Roots Evaluation summary from World Vision Thailand
Here are some useful resources:
- Playful Parenting Guides - provides ideas for parents and caregivers to help support their young child's physical, cognitive and social-emotional development. The booklet includes specific ideas for children from 0-9 and is broken into helpful sections based on a young child's developmental milestones.
- Toy Guides for Early Childhood Development - The booklets contain instructions for parents and caregivers to make simple toys for children 0-6 and 6-9 years. It also includes ideas for engaging young children with those toys and games. The toys and activities promote development across four domains: literacy, numeracy, physical, and socio-emotional.