Who We Are
Founded in 1950, World Vision is an international partnership of Christians serving children, their families and communities in conditions of poverty in nearly 100 countries, primarily through programmes of community development, disaster management and promotion of justice.
World Vision began operations in Kenya in 1974. Its more than 800 committed development staff members work in 52 Area Development Programmes in 35 counties country-wide. Through valued partnerships, World Vision Kenya supports communities to access the knowledge and resources needed to improve the well-being of children and overcome poverty.
World Vision has four strategic goals regarding the well-being of children:
- Children enjoy good health
- Children are educated for life
- Children experience the love of God and their neighbours, always being mindful that World Vision is a guest in cultures that hold many diverse beliefs
- Children are cared for, protected and participating in the decisions that affect their lives
World Vision Kenya works with the most vulnerable children and communities regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness; Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
World Vision is an international partnership of Christians, whose mission is to follow our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Our Core Values
- We are Christian
- We are committed to the poor
- We value people
- We are stewards
- We are partners
- We are responsive