- How can I sponsor a child?
It’s easy! Click to find your local World Vision office then select the child that you’d like to sponsor, fill out a quick form, and follow the rest of the steps.
- Why should I sponsor a child through World Vision?
Because it works! As a sponsor, you give a fuller life and a better future to your sponsored child and other vulnerable children in the poor community. You will witness the transformation through regular updates and can experience the joy of your personal connection with your sponsored child.
- What does it mean to be a World Vision Child Sponsor?
- You help your sponsored child live a fuller, happier, healthier and safer life.
- For every child you sponsor, four more children in the same area directly benefit, too
- You can personally connect with your sponsored child and even travel to visit them.
- You will witness the transformation through regular updates, photos and videos.
- And you can get more involved in many ways to help change the world for children.
- What does my sponsorship mean to my sponsored child?
Being sponsored can be one of the most important and exciting things in a child’s life, building their hope, happiness and confidence. As a sponsor, you will help transform your sponsored child’s life and world for good.
- How does my sponsored child benefit?
- They can enjoy a fuller, happier, healthier and safer life.
- Their progress is monitored regularly and appropriate action taken, if necessary.
- They enjoy your messages, increasing their skills, hope, happiness and confidence.
- They can participate in activities that equip them for future and can explore their spiritual development in a safe and respectful environment.
- They will see their whole community become a better place for children to grow up.
- What is World Vision Child Sponsorship?
World Vision Child Sponsorship unites sponsors and children, with their families and communities, to improve the lives and futures of vulnerable children.
As a sponsor, you enable our long-term partnerships with communities and fuel our unique approach, which is proven to deliver lasting, positive impact for children by addressing the root causes of their vulnerability - poverty and injustice.
- What makes World Vision’s approach unique?
We partner with people and organisations at every level of a child’s world – with family, community, nation and with sponsors and wider world – to change it from the outside in. Meanwhile, we also work with children themselves at the grassroots and empower them to be active participants and to change their own world from the inside out. This two-fold approach makes our approach unique. And it is proven to deliver lasting impact for vulnerable children, whether sponsored or not.
- How does World Vision Child Sponsorship work?
As a sponsor, you will be connected with a vulnerable child, who lives in World Vision programme area and whose parents have registered them to be sponsored. You will be the only sponsor for that child and can build a personal connection with them.
Your monthly donations are pooled with those of other sponsors and invested in our long-term development programme in the area to transform your sponsored child’s community into a better place for all children – for now and for future.
- How is my sponsorship donation used?
Depending on children’s needs in your sponsored child’s community, your donations will help provide safe water, nourishing food and better health and education. They will also help keep children safe and protected and equip them to actively participate in shaping their future.
Enabled by your support we not only treat the symptoms but tackle the root causes of children’s vulnerability and overcome the barriers that prevent children from reaching their God-given potential.
- How are children chosen for sponsorship?
The local World Vision staff and community members choose sponsored children from the programme area. They are often chosen from families who need our help the most. Children’s parents or caretakers make the decision, whether to register the child for sponsorship or not. Participation in all World Vision programmes is completely voluntary, with the final decision being entirely up to sponsored children and their families.
- Will my sponsorship contributions go directly to one child?
Sponsored children do not receive direct cash benefits. While each World Vision Child Sponsor is connected with one child, we make the most of your donations by pooling funds to invest in long-term community development programmes to transform whole areas. By doing this we know that for every child you sponsor, four more children directly benefit too.