We want to promote an environment where children are safe, protected and spiritually nurtured. We are working towards this by:
- Strengthening local capacity for Advocacy
- Ensuring children report increased levels of well-being
What is the problem?
- Only 46% of children between the ages of 12 and 18 report having a birth certificate.
- 10,000 vulnerable boys and girls experience sexual violence each year
- 1 in 7 children face physical abuse
How is World Vision addressing the issues?
We are ensuring children, their families and their communities understand and respect the rights of children and equipping them to demand changes when and where necessary.
Is what World Vision doing working?
Yes! Through 10 functioning Community Voice in Action groups, we saw five evidence-based policy recommendations presented to national-level decision makers in 2017. And, although there is more work to be done, we are seeing more children (67.5%) with access to their birth certificates in areas where our advocacy efforts have been implemented the longest.
- See how children in Lesotho are raising their voices against violence, especially child marriage.