This Annual Report provides the impact of WV Afghanistan between October 2021 and September 2022.
During this period:
• 1,369,562 people, including 669,694 children, were reached;
• Over 90% decrease in the number of food insecure families adopting negative coping strategies, including sending their children to work, in our targeted areas;
• Access to clean drinking water increased from 24.5% to 59% for targeted households;
• More than 80% of children with acute malnutrition in our targeted areas became well-nourished;
• Girls' registration in Community-Based Education (CBE) classes increased from 5,833 to over 11,162; and
• 13 child early forced marriage cases were resolved by the trained faith leaders.