More than 600,000 people in Uganda's West Nile Region were reached through World Vision's response to refugees in March 2018.
- 464,731 people reached through food distribution and cash based programming
- 60,136 children reached through child protection programming
- 37,939 people provided clean water, hygiene and sanitation services
- 29,648 children reached in early early education programmes
- Funding shortfalls to fund various programming to respond to the refugee crisis is putting thousands of lives at risk and is compromising the quality of aid efforts in affected communities
- Children continue to arrive unaccompanied or separated from their families and require special care
- Women and children make up 86% of the population of the South Sudanese refugees who have arrived in Uganda
World Vision's response is ongoing.
An additional 8.7 million USD is being sought to expand World Vision's humanitarian response and reach more people.
For more information about World Vision's response achievements, locations and other details, please download (pdf) our March 2018 Situation Report.