World Vision Vietnam (WVV) invites competent Vietnamese candidates for the position:
Bookkeeper/ Finance Officer (1 position) based in Van Yen district, Yen Bai province.
An Area Development Programs (ADP) is a 10-15 year community development program that is an integrated approach to community development, emphasizing the process of community participation, ownership and sustainability, while addressing the macro and micro causes of poverty to achieve the sustainable well being of children. ADPs are a phased approach to development, involving clear and consistent assessment, design, implementing, reporting, monitoring and evaluation and reflection phases. Each ADP is tailored to the needs of a specific community in alignment with WVV’s strategic priorities. WVV works closely with district and commune local authorities and local partners to implement program activities.
• The position supports WV Vietnam to maintain high standards of financial stewardship.
• The position assists the ADP Manager in maintaining the books of accounts and other financial records of the ADP and adhering to the financial standards of World Vision financial system to ensure accountability.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitude Required:
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on the job training:
• A College or University graduate in any field (preferably in the field of accounting, community development/ business administration).
• Average knowledge of and work experience in accounting.
• Computer literacy, particularly use Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Average written and oral communication skills in English and Vietnamese.
• Good interpersonal skills, especially with rural mountainous tribal children and grassroots people.
• Ability to function well in a team environment.
• Experience in working with NGOs or a good understanding of community development is helpful.
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian humanitarian organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Interested candidates are invited to send detailed Curriculum Vitae and WV Vietnam’s standard Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org before 02 October 2014
Our contact details are:
People and Culture Department
World Vision International - Vietnam
Address: 4th floor, the HEAC building, 14-16 Ham Long street, Hanoi
Tel: 04. 39439920 (ext.123)
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization which works to improve the quality of life of people, especially children, who are marginalized and living in poverty regardless of religion, race and gender.