Join our vision for children's education
With access to a quality education, children become lifelong learners, transform their communities and experience life in all its fullness. We work with communities and local governments to address the barriers to a quality education for all children. Empowering parents and teachers with the tools and training they need gives children the opportunity to shine.
children reached with education programmes
educational materials distributed
teachers trained and supported
A world with education for all
We are making progress. In Armenia, we've strengthened parents' ability to better fulfill their role as first teachers and first protectors to their infants. Teachers in Malawi have been trained to help children attain basic literacy skills. We’ve set up reading clubs so kids can practice reading outside the classroom, and made millions of books available in languages where previously no children's books existed. In Zimbabwe, we worked with churches and communities to remove the cultural barriers that prevented girls from remaining in school.
But there’s more to be done. All children have the right to a safe, inclusive and quality education. We want all children to be educated for life, in a safe and nurturing environment, in order to lead productive and fulfilling lives.
World Environment Day
"If working apart we're a force powerful enough to de-stabalise our planet, surely working together we are powerful enough to save it" - David Attenborough
The World Environment Day 2022 global campaign #OnlyOneEarth calls for transformative changes to policies and choices to enable cleaner, greener, and sustainable living in harmony with nature.
Our Work ...
Our Project Models:
- Go Baby Go - Find out more about our ECD approach that targets the first 1,000+ days of a child's life
- Learning Roots - Find out how to assist with the earliest years of a child’s life are a window of opportunity to support the emergence of literacy, numeracy and life skills
- Unlock Literacy - Find out how to assist unlocking literacy for lifelong learning outcomes
are being integrated and adapted across the world to ensure children are being educated despite the challenges.
Our Goals for Children
We work with children, families and communities so that:
- Children read, write and use numeracy skills
- Children make good judgements, can protect themselves, manage their emotions and communicate ideas
- Adolescents are ready for economic opportunity
- Children can access and complete education
Our Holistic Approach to Education
World Vision works with parents, teachers, community members and local partners to ensure that:
- Teachers know how to make learning effective and fun
- Parents are equipped to help their children learn in the home
- Community volunteers are trained to host after-school activities
- Whole communities get the opportunity to create learning materials for children that reflect their traditions, values and language
Learning to read in the first years of primary school is critical for retention and success in future grades. Unlock Literacy focuses on building foundational learning and core reading skills.
The importance of teachers to the lives and well-being of children and youth has never been more acutely felt. The centrality of teachers to COVID-19...
"Growing up, our teachers used the mother language to instruct us in school. At that time, there were few books in mother languages. It was...