World Vision responded to drought in Mali in 1975, opened an office in 1982, and began sponsorship programs in 1988. Since then, some of World Vision’s major accomplishments have included:
- Digging freshwater wells to provide a source of clean, safe water for children all over the country.
- Providing food to famine survivors and malnourished children.
- Reducing the high mortality rates of children through immunizations and improved nutrition.
- Supporting the development of education and health systems
- Providing microfinance assistance to support in household resilience and livelihood.