World Vision Vietnam (WVV) invites competent Vietnamese candidates for the position: Development Facilitator (01 positions), based in Muong Cha, Dien Bien province.
An ADP is a 10-15 year community development program that is an integrated approach to community development, emphasizing the process of community participation, ownership and sustainability, while addressing the macro and micro causes of poverty to achieve the sustainable well being of children. ADPs are a phased approach to development, involving clear and consistent assessment, design, implementing, reporting, monitoring and evaluation and reflection phases. Each ADP is tailored to the needs of a specific community in alignment with WVV’s strategic priorities. WVV works closely with district and commune local authorities and local partners to implement program activities.
The purpose of the Development Facilitator is to serve as a catalyst, partnership broker, and builder of the capacity of local partners, facilitating the development process toward the improved and sustained well-being of children within their families and community, especially the most vulnerable children.
• Build close and constructive relationships and actively learn within partner communities in order to understand their realities and facilitate development processes effectively toward the well-being of children in the communities;
• Enable and facilitate networking and connections among local stakeholder groups and between local partners and others outside the area who can contribute their resources for the well-being of children. (Local stakeholders groups may include formal and informal community-based organizations, businesses, other NGOs and local government agencies);
• Facilitate planning processes with community members – especially the most vulnerable, and within community based groups;
• Actively collaborate with Technical Cluster Staff, Program Coordinator, Sponsorship Facilitator in project planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting processes relevant to assigned areas for an effective program integration, under the support of the ADP Manager;
• Build the capacity of WV and partner community groups to deliver the joint outcomes effectively;
• Participate in and support the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and measurements of program/project effectiveness to track the delivery of joint outcomes;
• Monitor the well being status of registered children in collaboration with Sponsorship Facilitator and Sponsorship Volunteers;
• Assist communities and partners to prepare and implement community-managed disaster preparedness plans to ensure that these plans strengthen the resilience of communities for disasters and reduce disaster risks and assist partners in local management of disasters.
• Ensure that the ADP resources are used in an efficient way and followed WVV financial guidelines.
• Actively participate as an ADP team member in all areas, including feedback, reflection and learning.
• Other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by ADP Manager.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on the job training:
• Bachelor degree in a relevant field (preferably social works, community development, public health, education, business development…);
• 1 - 2 years of development experience, preferably development facilitation in and with communities;
• Strong understanding of key aspects of community-led development work;
• Demonstrated capacity in project management, with conceptual understanding and required competency in DME functions;
• Strong skills in facilitation of development processes, including organization, mobilization and influence of partners and networking among different development partners (especially at commune level);
• Strong critical and analytical thinking skills;
• Basic written English skills, particularly report writing skills;
• Good computer skills (word processing, excel and power point);
• Humility, respect, and care for others – especially the vulnerable children.
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian humanitarian organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Interested candidates are invited to send detailed Curriculum Vitae and WV Vietnam’s standard Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14 November 2014
WVV Application Form and the detailed job description for this position can be found at World Vision Vietnam’s website:http://www.wvi.org/publication/world-vision-vietnam-application-employment and JD_Development Facilitator.
Our contact details are:
People and Culture Department
World Vision International - Vietnam
Address: 4th floor, the HEAC building, 14-16 Ham Long street, Hanoi
Tel: 04. 39439920
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization which works to improve the quality of life of people, especially children, who are marginalized and living in poverty regardless of religion, race and gender.