Part-time position based in Brussels
Founded in 1950, World Vision is a global Christian relief, development, and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty, violence, disaster, and injustice. World Vision has over 37,000 staff in nearly 100 countries. We collaborate with others in pursuit of positively impacting the most vulnerable children, their families, and communities around the world.
World Vision EU Representation (WV EUREP) in Brussels is one of several “global capitals” based in strategic global locations and an association of WV offices engaged strategically with the EU. Our main goal is to see a tangible increase in political and financial investment in children by the EU. We work towards this goal and World Vision’s main priority areas through two strategic avenues: supporting the World Vision Partnership with expertise and knowledge on EU funding and advocating for children’s rights at EU level.
Purpose of the Position
As a member of the Business Support Unit, the Human Resources and Administrative Officer will be providing support and contributing to the effective implementation of HR and administrative processes in accordance with Belgian procedures and regulation. The Human Resources and Administrative Officer will work under the supervision of and report to the WV EUREP Executive Director.
The tasks of the Human Resources and Administrative Officer will include, amongst others, the following:
Compensation & Benefits
- Ensure timely and accurate administrative management of entitlements and benefits for staff (i.e. determination of individual rights; follow-up of contracts; administration of personnel files and administration of the HR databases) and correct and timely implementation in payroll;
- Verify the monthly payroll simulations and taking corrective actions in a timely manner;
- Guarantee timely, efficient and accurate management of leave and absences (sick leave, part-time teleworking, and special leave) of the staff members;
- Prepare employment contracts and managing contract renewals;
- Develop and schedule benefits orientations and other benefits training;
- Establish and ensure the completeness of personnel files.
Recruitment & Employee Relations
- Manage all steps of recruitment processes;
- Coordinate the development of Human Resources policies for the organization with regard to employee relations;
- Contribute to the integration of the newly-recruited staff (including induction training, providing information on individual rights and working environment). Ensure staff has full employment documentation as required by Belgian law. Ensure the new staff has a proper job description;
- Ensure the transfer of WVI info to WV EUREP (training update, communications, etc);
- Providing support in running yearly performance review processes;
- Identify needs for trainings according to the yearly performance review of staff and to the needs of the staff during the year;
- Ensure compliance of policies and HR practices with existing governmental and labour law;
- Respond to enquiries from staff on local employment law issues (incl. PC 329.03);
- Recommend staff relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation;
- HR trust person.
General Office Operations
- Ensure daily administrative management of the office and assist in resolving day-to-day problems;
- Supervise the work of the Finance and administrative officer;
- Ensure that administrative office procedures and established standards are adhered to and maintained in all aspects of work;
- Managing and overseeing the rental contract of the office and liaising with the building owners and arrange for any maintenance work that needs to be carried out in the office;
- Ensure Brussels office complies with World Vision's administrative requirements;
- Support and work in collaboration with office staff for general administration, and events organization;
- Oversee contacts with local suppliers;
- Support the green policy process;
- Other duties assigned by EUREP Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree or equivalent in Human Resource & Administration or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in HR related administration;
- Fluent in English & French, written and spoken;
- Computer literacy;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Willingness to contribute within a small team and a multi-cultural environment, diplomatic communicator;
- Service-oriented and flexible with a strong employee-focused attitude and proactive approach;
- Ability to act with integrity, demonstrating sound ethical principles;
- Support for World Vision’s core values and Christian identity;
- Citizenship of an EU member state or a valid residence and work permit for Belgium is a must.
We offer a long-term contract, part-time (to be negotiated) to start rapidly and a work environment where good team spirit, collaboration and personal development are held high.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter outlining how you match the job description to Jeroen_uytterschaut@wvi.org and Donatienne_desirant@wvi.org with the subject line “First Name + Last Name – HR and Administrative Officer” by 10 February 2021 noon (12.00 PM).
Due to limited resources, we will unfortunately not be able to reply to individual queries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview