Position: DME Coordinator (Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting)
Location: Khammouan Province
Opening date: October 8, 2014
Application deadline: October 21, 2014
Purpose of the position:
The DME Coordinator (Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting) will work within the DME team to support WV Lao PDR’s strategic goal to bring change in the lives of children in Laos, particularly to increase the number of children and mothers that are healthy and well nourished. This role will ensure programme quality, consistency and relevance through the provision of technical support to Zones regarding Monitoring, Evaluations and Child Well-being Indicator Reporting.
This role has a strong focus on strengthening WVL’s quality of programming and ensuring that all interventions are in line with WV partnership and humanitarian industry global standards. Specific responsibilities include the following:
1. Strengthen Evidence Based Programs:
The role will support WV Lao to implement a number of project models in districts we work. The
Result will be measured to strengthen Evidence Based Programs.
2. Provision of Technical Support to the Zones and Government Counterparts:
Work with teams both WV and government in provincial offices to provide technical DME support.
3. Collaboration and Coordination
Strengthen partnerships between WV and other agencies and government.
Specific to the role:
4. Program Monitoring and reporting
Lead the team on revising the monitoring tools and framework including the reporting systems.
5. Program Evaluation
Lead the team on conducting district level evaluations of WV’s integrated programs
Have a bachelor or master degree in integrated development management from a recognized university or an institute.
In absence of the degree, it is required to have at least 3 years experience in community development, particularly in participatory project management.
Knowledge & Skills:
· Knowledge of development work, including program logic, theory of change, and community empowerment
· Strong understanding of evidence based programming and a commitment to excellence
· Good analytical skills
· Ability to train others, ability to provide technical guidance and support to others, including zone, ADP staff. Good presentation skills.
· Ability to identify and plan work strategically and to work to deadlines.
· Willingness to continually improve and upgrade technical and computer knowledge.
· Good oral and written communication skills in English and Lao
· Good understanding of Lao Government policy, laws and institutions and the ability to work together with the various stakeholders.
· Willingness to travel to the provinces and districts on a frequent basis.
Minimum of three years in demonstrated competency in providing management level support
Experience supporting development activities in NGO context
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application that includes a cover letter and comprehensive CV in English, including details of 3 professional referees. Please send your application to World Vision Lao PDR, Box 312, Vientiane or Tel: 021 452 100 or 020 2222 0981
Email address: Siriphone_niradsay@wvi.org.