VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR LAO NATIONAL
Position: IT Manager
Location: Vientiane Capital
Opening date: July 8, 2014
Application deadline: July 21, 2014
Purpose of the position:
The primary role of this position is to lead, support and implement at innovative IT services and and training for the NO and Zone/ADP offices. 3.2.
The role also requires a high level of research of new products both hardware and software which is available in the market to be exploited to the benefit of the organization. 3.1.1 The IT Manager is responsible to responsibly adopt new technology using a disciplined change management approach.
To support, maintain and manage the information technology implemented in the National Office and Zonal/ADP Offices within the standards of the World Vision Partnership and Guidelines provided by the Information Technology Service Group of World Vision Laos National Office. 2.1.1, 3.2.2
To possess good leadership qualities and communication skills in order to manage the help desk team. Develops and leads a team of help desk professionals to address all technical requirements of users, professionals and colleague members using IT in the organization. Ensures that the IT help desk professionals answer calls of employees in person on location or off site by phone or IT-based communication tools and troubleshoot and resolve PC, software, network and other hardware-related problems and issues. Motivates the team to adhere to IT best practices and deliver outstanding users service and satisfaction to employees across locations. 2.1.1, 3.4.1
Responsible for the computer systems within a company, ensuring back up systems operate effectively, recommend in purchasing hardware and software, providing the ICT technology infrastructures for an organisation and reinforcing organisational policy on IT usage. 3.2.2
To serve as the process owner for all ongoing activities that serve to provide appropriate access to and protect the confidentiality and integrity of user, employee, and business information in compliance with organization policies and standards. 3.1.1
To possess a sharp learning temperament and keep himself abreast of the latest industry developments and the development of new technologies and IT practices. Using experience and knowledge to train, mentor and familiarize new hires and inductees with help-desk and technical support requirements. 3.1.1
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Administer and operate the key WV Business applications, including the hardware and software infrastructure needed to keep them running. These included: Lotus Notes, Sun Systems, and Windows NT Server, Windows 2000 Advance Server, Windows 2007 Server, including anti-virus software, print services.
2. Planning, developing and implementing the IT budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers where appropriate, to ensure cost effectiveness.
3. Maintain Lotus notes Databases to available functioning for users in the server, Set up user accounts, permissions and password, remove\delete old user left in the Lotus notes system.
4. Provide Helpdesk Database for user create incidents to request for help in troubleshooting.
5. Ensure quarterly maintenance for all computers, printers, etc. at NO, Provinces and ADPs. Ensure quarterly IT Hardware maintenance at ADP Visit.
6. To conduct Webex support for reduce cost and time as well as paperless of management.
7. Ensure that software licensing laws are adhered to, and hardware and software are maintained in optimum operating condition to allow maximum utilization by all WV staffs.
8. Provide training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competency.
1. Assist in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting regional infrastructure.
2. Scheduling upgrades and security back up of hardware and software systems
3. Researching and installing new system
4. Builds and maintains vendor relationships and manages the purchase of hardware and software products
5. Providing secure access to the network for remote users.
6. Ensure the security of data from internal and external attack.
7. Providing users with appropriate support and device.
8. Managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
9. Mentoring and training new ICT support WV Lao staff.
10. Re-engineer or set up your help desk according to industry best practices.
11. Enforce all WV IT policies.
12. Ensure that all IT facilities are properly workable during training, meeting, etc.
13. Disaster Recovery site management
14. Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure system operate in conformance with specification.
15. Manage IT customer satisfaction and ensure improved satisfication of clients.
16. Manage IT reserve stocks (policy, security, inventory of extra computers, mouse, hardware etc.)
17. Ensure that all WVL users have access to the server at any time.
18. Carry out any additional responsibilities as assigned by the Finance & Admin Director.
19. Attendant and participate in weekly devotion.
A University degree in Computer Science.
Other relevant field or experience on Systems is preferable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to communicate new concepts clearly.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about troubleshooting.
- Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Availability to work beyond office hours and at the weekends, when the need arises.
- Must be trustworthy and have a proven track record of stewardship.
- Must have ability to work in cross-cultural environment.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- A good operational knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office suite, Lotus Email, Lotus Notes, Virus Scanners, MS DOS, and other computer utilities.
At least three years experience in IT Management.
§ Achieving quality results and service
§ Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly
§ Understanding WV’s mission and operations
§ Practicing innovation and creativity
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application that includes a cover letter and comprehensive CV in English, including details of 3 professional referees. Applicants should state which position (s) they are interested in Please send your application to World Vision Lao PDR, Box 312, Vientiane or Tel: 021 452 100 or 020 22220981.
Email address: Siriphone_niradsay@wvi.org
All applications will be treated confidentially and only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Newly motivated graduate are also welcome to apply