Media Advisory | Unmasking II: Childhood Lost Report
The Unmasking II: Childhood Lost Report is the second edition of World Vision’s assessment report series that tracks the socio-economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on vulnerable children and their families in Asia-Pacific.
The report will be published on Tuesday, 26 October.
For civil society organisations and youth leaders, a virtual Learning Exchange will take place on Tuesday, 26 October, from 15:00 SGT (07:00 GMT) to 16:15 (08:15 GMT).
Sarah Bearup, Senior Director Operations, Ministry Impact and External Engagement, Asia-Pacific, World Vision International, will present the findings at the virtual event.
This assessment report gives a regional overview of how vulnerable children in Asia-Pacific are grappling with the impact of COVID-19 nearly two years into the crisis.
Some key findings include:
- One in every 18 children felt so hopeless that they did not want to carry on living, most or all of the time
- 55% of children affected by school closures were not able to continue accessing formal education remotely
- 63% of households surveyed said their income had decreased in year two of the pandemic
The report also provides recommendations for various stakeholders to:
- Prioritise children’s mental health, learning and protection needs as part of the overall socio-economic recovery plans
- Channel increased resource investments towards developmental efforts that will help put vulnerable children and their families back on track
- Provide immediate relief to the vulnerable and strengthen inter-agency collaboration to build on longer-term opportunities presented by the pandemic that will aid in the sustainable development and eradication of systemic inequity in communities/countries, across Asia-Pacific
The report and all associated materials will be under STRICT EMBARGO until Tuesday 26 October at 15:00 SGT (07:00 GMT).
For further information, media queries and to arrange media interviews please contact the Communications and Public Engagement Department: email@example.com