World Vision is excited to participate in the International Congress of Nutrition, being held from 15 to 20 October 2017 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. World Vision's work will be profiled in two oral presentations and four poster presentations - see below for details:
MONDAY 16 OCTOBER 2017
- 15:30 to 16:30 Poster: Determinants of undernutrition among young children in Sotnikum Operation District, Siem Reap, Cambodia . Speaker: Lylia Menasria, University of Moncton (co-author Barbara Main, World Vision Canada). Location: Touch screen 13
TUEsday 17 october 2017
- 09:00 to 10:00 Poster: Mobile Technology to Improve Treatment, Reporting, and Monitoring for Acute Malnutrition. Speaker: Colleen Emary, World Vision International. Location: Touch screen 4
THURSDAY 19 OCTOBER 2017
- 09:00 to 10:00 Poster: Funky foods to reduce malnutrition among young children in Sotnikum Operation District, Siem Reap, Cambodia. Speaker: Lylia Menasria University of Moncton. Location: Touch screen 15.
- 11:30 to 12:30 Poster: Building on culture: A Grandmother-inclusive strategy yields significant results on Maternal Child health and Nutrition (MCHN) outcomes in Southern Sierra Leone. Speaker: Rebecca Wee, Emory University and Dr Bridget Aidam, World Vision International. Location: Touch screen 12.
- 15:00 to 16:30 Oral Presentation: Promotion of biofortified crops to improve micronutrient intake among children under five and women of childbearing age in Tanzania, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Speaker: Dr Asrat Dibaba, World Vision Canada. Location: Retiro C meeting room
- 15:00 to 16:30 Oral Presentation: The prevalence of malnutrition in ENRICH project sites in Bangladesh, Kenya, Myanmar, Pakistan and Tanzania. Speaker: Dr. Dan Sellen, University of Toronto, on behalf of Dr. Asrat Dibaba, World Vision Canada. Location: Retiro A meeting room