WASH GESI Accelerator Fund Project
ABOUT THE PROJECT
World Vision is accelerating access to equitable water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services for 8,773 people in Kirkuk Governorate by deepening our focus on the most vulnerable people. We have long been committed to gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) within the WASH sector, recognizing the unique burdens that poor WASH services place on women, girls, and marginalized groups such as the elderly and people living with disabilities (PLWDs.
Actions in Brief
- Building accessibility at schools, health centres and public WASH facilities
- Rehabilitating WASH facilities at 40 Houses (40 Households)
- Raise awareness on GESI at community and institution level
- Advocate for women and PLWD group through coordination with local authorities
- Build skills and provide grants to women and PLWDs to start business
Stories and Publications
World Vision Iraq GESI WASH Accelerator Fund Summary
World Vision is accelerating access to equitable water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services for all by deepening our focus on the most vulnerable...
The Hidden Warrior
Taha (39) lost his legs to a landmine but never the will to survive and thrive. Through this project, World Vision Iraq and its partner Rozh Society...