POSITION: Project Officer
OPEN TO: All interested Ethiopian Nationals (Female applicants are encouraged)
OPENING DATE: August 13, 2014
CLOSING DATE: August 23, 2014
1. Major Responsibilities:
- Work closely with EC Project Manager in project documentation and dissemination of lesson learned and assist project manager in project implementation monitoring; Lead the overall design/redesign process of the resilience program in ADPs;
- In consultation with the Grant Operation Manager and EC Grant Project Managers and ADPs establish a system for fulfilling reporting requirements and documentation in the life cycle EC Grant Projects;
- Work with EC project implementing partners (EECMY and EMWACDO) for effective project operation;
- Lead and/or participate in selected field monitoring on EC Project implementing partners and reflection processes. Ensure quality of these exercises including data gathering, analysis and reporting;
- Assist Program Manager for ADP Grants Operation in grants projects planning, reporting and M & E activities and documentation;
- Work with Grant Projects Managers to produce consolidated National Level periodic Plan and Reports for government consumption (CSA) and analyze and use of data for management, advocacy or marketing purposes. Review reports for the quality of monitoring and evaluation products and provide feedback to Program Manager and offer assistance as needed;
- Develop a system to document and disseminate lessons learned from Grants Operation with in WVE. Assist Program Manager in identifying and mainstreaming best practices;
- Liaise with all concerned to collaborate, document and exchange lessons learned.
2. Qualifications Required: BA Degree in Economics, Development Studies, Agricultural Economics or related fields.
3. Work Experience and Skill Required:
- At least 4 years of work experience preferably in Monitoring and Evaluation, Planning and Reporting, reporting and documentation, DME, data analysis or related position
- Participatory M&E, Results-Based management, Logical Framework Analysis, community participation, Participatory Rural Appraisal, Participatory Learning & Action, etc.
- Full computer and Internet skills including MS Office for word processing, ACCESS or other databases and in database design, graphic presentation and financial spreadsheet programs
4. Additional Requirements: Committed to the organization’s vision, mission and core values
5. Place of Work: Addis Ababa (Head Office)
6. Salary: World Vision has an attractive salary and benefits scale
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form (you can get this form from http://docs.ethiojobs.net/Employment_Application_Form.docx) and send to P & C Division, World Vision Ethiopia P. O. Box 3330, Addis Ababa, or submit in person to our office located in Gerji area, near Anbesa Garage within 10 days after the date of this announcement or email to email@example.com. Please indicate the position name on subject when email your application form.
Note: We do not receive CVs, application letters, credentials and supporting documents at this point