Goal: Improved protection access and quality education for children
To attain our goal and make an impact in children's lives, we seek to:
- Improve capacity of households to nurture and protect children from abuse
- Improve access to quality Early Childhood Development (3 to 5 years)
- Improve literacy skills for boys and girls aged 6-13 year3
Our Education and Child Protection projects are implemented in the following counties: Narok, Migori, Kakamega, Kajiado, West Pokot, Turkana, Elgeyo Marakwet, Samburu, Isiolo, Marsabit, Wajir, Taita Taveta, Kilifi, Kitui, Nyamira, Nakuru, Lamu, Homabay, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nairobi and Samburu.
Achievements: Financial Year 2018 (Oct 2017-September 2018)
We use the following approaches to implement Education and Child Protection projects: Learning Roots, Un-lock Literacy, Empowering Children as Peace Builders, Skills for Life, Channels of Hope (CoH) for Child Protection and Gender, as well as Citizen Voice and Action.
Areas of focus
- Child Protection
- Female Genital Mutilation, Child Marriage and Child Abuse (sexual exploitation)
- Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- Early Childhood Development
- Life Skills Education and Mentorship
- Safe Learning Environments
Projects and Grants: