POSITION: Livelihood Technical Specialist
OPEN TO: All interested Ethiopian Nationals (Female candidates are highly encouraged)
OPENING DATE: May 13, 2014
CLOSING DATE: May 23, 2014
1. Major Responsibilities
- Develop all livelihood activities and provide technical support to field staff;
- Rollout WVE Refugees’ livelihood strategy in line with WVE National office strategy, needs of the refugees and national and international humanitarian standards;
- Develop livelihood business and work plans ensure their internalization and assist the operations manager in improving the quality and standards of WVE’s refugees’ and host communities’ livelihoods;
- Provide technical expertise for developing and executing innovative approaches to livelihood and income generation for refugees and host communities in Tongo ERP;
- Enhance the quality of livelihood programming throughout the project cycle through initiatives such as beneficiary consultation, market analysis, and innovation, etc.;
- Provide technical support in the design, monitoring and evaluation of activities aimed at the disaster resilient livelihoods and economic empowerment of refugee and host households and communities to reduce reliance on child labor;
- Represent WVE livelihoods coordination in Tongo refugee camp meetings, when required. He/she should ensure WVE’s livelihoods work is well understood and well represented in key coordination forums and that the work is coherent with that of other agencies.
2. Qualifications Required: M.Sc. Degree in Agronomy, Horticulture, Agricultural Extension, or Cooperative Development
3. Work Experience and Skill required:
- Minimum 5 years related experience of which 2 years in supervisory level.
- Experience in agricultural livelihoods and urban agriculture.
- Professional technical skill in Value Chain Analysis, Business Development Service, Market information systems etc is required
4. Additional requirements: Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values
5. Place of Work: Dolo Ado, Somali Region
6. Salary: World Vision has an attractive salary and benefits scale
7. How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form (you can get this form from http://docs.ethiojobs.net/Employment_Application_Form.docx) and send to P & C Division, World Vision Ethiopia P. O. Box 3330, Addis Ababa, or submit in person to our office located in Gerji area, near Anbesa Garage within 10 days after the date of this announcement or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position name on subject when email your application form.
Note: We do not receive CVs, application letters, credentials and supporting documents at this point