OPEN TO: All interested Ethiopian Nationals
OPENING DATE: August 21, 2013 CLOSING DATE: August 31, 2013
World Vision began its first intervention in Ethiopia in 1971 with relief and opened Ethiopia office in 1975. Relief, rehabilitation and small community development projects dominated the decade that followed. During the 1984/85 drought, World Vision Ethiopia participated in a massive relief operation that saved the lives of millions of people. After an intensive relief and rehabilitation programme, the organization developed a new integrated development approach the objective of which was to ensure empowerment and transformational change. This approach led to the establishment of Area Development Programs (ADPs) in the 1990s that is still being implemented and continuously strengthened today.
World Vision Ethiopia is one of the leading international organization working to contribute to the wellbeing of 3.5 million Vulnerable Children in the three years national strategy from 2013-2015. It offers a diverse and rewarding work environment, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and, most importantly, the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children in Ethiopia.
1. Major Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development and updating of the nutrition programming guidance/technical approach for use by ADPs ;
- Ensure that nutrition programs are in line with WV and Government policies and guidelines;
- Ensure programmes adapt to international standards and protocols for Nutrition programming, ensuring that project staff and partners understand these standards;
- Provide sound technical expertise in nutrition programming;
- Take part in the identification of resource gaps and lead the development of concept papers and proposals to Nutrition programs;
- Compile regular technical status reports on WV nutrition projects, including documentation of best practice and knowledge management.
- Ensure that all requirements of the partnership and donors are met pertaining to nutrition programs;
- To ensure inclusion of nutrition issues in all stages of the DME process particularly IPM steps ;
- To ensure ADP AoPs effectively support the implementation of priority Nutrition-related NO technical approach and child wellbeing targets;
- To develop concept notes and proposals on nutrition and related issues;
- To ensure all new and re-design programmes introduce appropriate nutrition-related approaches during the design phase for effective programming;
- Ensure adequate and high quality monitoring, supervision and evaluation of nutrition programs, linkage and alignment with other programs
- Support and provide support to NO reporting on child wellbeing targets from Nutrition perspectives;
- Recommend areas for operational research and support nutrition operational research
- Provide technical support to implementation and monitoring of operational research that are to do with Nutrition programming
3. Work Experience and Skill required
- A minimum of 6 years with Specialist Experience in nutrition Programming
- Excellent skills required in program design, reporting and documentation, and monitoring and evaluation
- Significant bi-lateral donor grant experience with program implementation, funding acquisition, and reporting
- Good knowledge of World Vision operations and national office programming
- Must be a creative individual with strong sense of priorities and organizational skills and an ability to work with diverse teams across considerable distances
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and strong interpersonal skills are needed
- Must be able to negotiate ideas within and outside the World Vision partnership, particularly with donor communities and government.
4. Additional requirements: Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values
5. Place of Work: Addis Ababa with frequent travel to field
6. How to Apply
Interested applicants can send a non-returnable copy of their CV and application letter, credentials and supporting documents in a sealed envelope to the address below or submit in person to our office located in Gerji area, near Anbesa Garage within 10 days after the date of this announcement or email to Recruitment_Ethiopia@wvi.org . World Vision Ethiopia, P.O. Box 3330, Addis Ababa Ethiopia We do not receive applications via fax.