OPEN TO: All interested Ethiopian Nationals
OPENING DATE: July 31, 2013 CLOSING DATE: August 9, 2013
World Vision began its first intervention in Ethiopia in 1971 with relief and opened Ethiopia office in 1975. Relief, rehabilitation and small community development projects dominated the decade that followed. During the 1984/85 drought, World Vision Ethiopia participated in a massive relief operation that saved the lives of millions of people. After an intensive relief and rehabilitation programme, the organization developed a new integrated development approach the objective of which was to ensure empowerment and transformational change. This approach led to the establishment of Area Development Programs (ADPs) in the 1990s that is still being implemented and continuously strengthened today.
World Vision Ethiopia is one of the leading international organization working to contribute to the wellbeing of 3.5 million Vulnerable Children in the three years national strategy from 2013-2015. It offers a diverse and rewarding work environment, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and, most importantly, the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children in Ethiopia.
1. Major Responsibilities
- Design, deploy and support an effective and efficient ICT infrastructure and resources to drive the WVE business and ministry needs;
- Ensure backup systems are in place, backup taken and ensure the existence up-to-date operational backup policy for all business critical data. Test backups once every month;
- Ensure ICT Disaster Preparednessby ensuring endpoint security and documentation of the BCP for WVE to guarantee business continuity in the unlikely event of an ICT disaster;
- Ensure storage solutions are in place to meet the storage needs of applications, databases, and users;
- Ensure that NO ICT procedures and guidelines for deployment and use of relevant ICT resources are in place. (System tools, partnership databases etc);
- Provide expert level Support and provide capacity building to IT Officers;
- Contribute to the preparation of annual operating plan, budget in accordance to agreed objectives and in line with Partnership IT guidelines.
3. Work Experience and Skill required
- At least 5 years of experience in busy IT field where 2 years are in Systems Administration
- Technical Training qualifications required: MCSE, MCSA, CLP, CLS
4. Additional requirements: Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values
5. Place of Work: Addis Ababa
6. How to Apply
Interested applicants can send a non-returnable copy of their CV and application letter, credentials and supporting documents in a sealed envelope to the address below or submit in person to our office located in Gerji area, near Anbesa Garage within 10 days after the date of this announcement or email to Recruitment_Ethiopia@wvi.org . World Vision Ethiopia, P.O. Box 3330, Addis Ababa Ethiopia. We do not receive applications via fax.