Afghanistan is one of the most vulnerable countries in the world to climate change, and one of the least equipped to handle the shocks and disasters associated with it.
To tackle the impact of climate change, World Vision is:
- Providing access to climate-related information, drought-resistant seeds and fertilisers.
- Training and equipping farmers on climate resilient practices and methods.
- Providing employment opportunities through cash-for-work projects.
- Rehabilitating and constructing water harvesting system, water precoalition tanks, water reservoirs, reverse osmosis (RO) systems, gabion walls and canals.
- Establishing Community Based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM) platforms to assure the preparedness, alertness and relief within communities.
- Facilitating community awareness of climate change-related risks and disaster management.