POSITION: Global and East Africa Region WASH Administrative Assistant
OPEN TO: All Interested Ethiopian Nationals
OPENING DATE: Sep 16, 2014
CLOSING DATE: Sep 27, 2014
1. Major Responsibilities:
- Provide Direct Assistance to Global WASH Director and East Africa Region (EAR) WASH team.
- Maintain a diary for the Global WASH Director and others as appropriate.
- Follow up on issues needing Director’s urgent attention and ensure deadlines are kept.
- Represent the Global and EAR WASH team in a pool for admin activities.
- Prepare responses to routine correspondence for the two units and highlight any issues that require immediate attention and input.
- Follow-ups on outstanding issues with support offices, regional and national offices.
- Organize and/or attend Global and EAR WASH group management meetings and take minutes.
- Handle visitors and channel needy cases to regional and national offices.
- Coordinate and follow up purchases, repairs and stationery acquisition for the two units.
- Dispatch documents to different entities using the DHL computer program.
- Serve as central archive focal person for the two units.
- Prepare and settle advances and payment documents for the two units.
- Monitor/record the budget status for the two units on routine basis.
- Make travel arrangements for the director and other staffs in the learning center.
- Make reservations for accommodation and meeting venues.
- Send invitation letters to participants and confirm availability.
- Receive record and dispatch mails/letters.
- Follow up and handle routine issues with government and other offices (internal and external).
2. Qualification Required
- BA in Administrative Service Management & Technology Systems, Office Administration or related fields.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience in INGO settings.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (Ability to communicate effectively in English language both orally and in writing, good organizational skills)
- Persistent, accommodative and active
- Proven public relations skills
- Proven report/letter writing skills
- Certification in business administration or secretarial studies
- Computer Literate in Microsoft Office Packages (Excellent Typing or Word Processing Skills using Computers)
3. Place of Work: Addis Ababa
4. Salary: World Vision has an attractive salary and benefits scale
5. How to Apply:
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form (you can get this form from http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and send to P & C Division, World Vision Ethiopia P. O. Box 3330, Addis Ababa, or submit in person to our office located in Gerji area, near Anbesa Garage within 10 days after the date of this announcement or email to email@example.com. Please indicate the position name on subject when email your application form.
Note: We do not receive CVs, application letters, credentials and supporting documents at this point