- The President of Malawi has declared a State of Disaster, following heavy rains and floods for the last four days.
- At least 13 districts have been impacted, with 115,000 people affected.
- At least 23 people are dead, 12 people are missing and 29 have been injured.
- The number of people affected is expected to rise as assessment teams reach new areas.
- The Department of Disaster Management Affairs has deployed search and rescue teams in collaboration with the Malawi Defence Force, Malawi Police Service, Malawi Red Cross Society and affected district councils.