World Vision is responding, and its Global Health Emergency Response to the most vulnerable people is centered on 17 countries, seven of which are in Asia-Pacific, through a multi-sectoral approach. Working in collaboration with local authorities, frontline health workers, academic institutions, faith leaders and communities, and local NGOs.
As of April 17, 2020, here are some major highlights of our response:
- Over 5.7 million people including 2.5 million children reached
- $1,001,494 total amount of Cash/ Voucher distributed (in USD) to more than 25,000 households
- More than 215,000 food packages provided
- 152,609 Hand-washing supplies distributed
- Over 100,000 children supported with Child Protection programming (eg. engagement of CP/social workers in coordination & awareness-raising)
- Approximately 1000 religious leaders engaged to disseminate preventive measures and create hope