01 September 2014
Advocacy & Justice for Children Specialist
World Vision is an international Christians Humanitarian Organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice. Our Cambodia Office is seeking for one (01) qualified Cambodian to fill vacant position below:
Position of: Advocacy & Justice for Children Specialist
Location: Phnom Penh
Salary & Benefit Package: Competitive and negotiable
I.THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Advocacy & Justice for Children Specialist will respond to engage support offices and coordinate specifics advocacy initiatives according to the regional strategic priorities, and provide technical support in the development and implementation of advocacy programs in the East Asia Region through provision of technical assistance to National Offices (NOs), coordination /facilitation of NOs capacity building and managing research information & resources. This position will assist in embedding advocacy into technical approaches with other lines of Ministry and programs in alignment with partnership policies, strategies and standards to enhance the well being of all children.
II. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To provide advocacy technical support by assisting in the development of regional strategic direction aligned with global, regional and national advocacy priorities and development, implementation and monitoring of A&JC annual Business Plans
2. Support NOs in the design and development of advocacy capacity building plan as part of Organizational Capacity Plan (OCP) and facilitate capacity building
3. Provide Operation support by embedding advocacy into systems and structures with particular reference to Child Well Being Outcomes (CWBO).
4. Facilitate capacity building, monitoring implementation of NOs Organizational Capacity Plans (advocacy component) of NOs
5. Participate in research and analysis where necessary in collaboration with external partners and organizations to build evidence base in order to support areas of advocacy and policy engagement within the East Asia region
6. Collaborate with the regional program quality specialist and technical teams in adopting and integrating DME policy, LEAP frame work and tools to integrate advocacy and monitor impact.
1. Bachelor’s degree qualifications and/or professional qualification in Social Science or relevant field
2. Knowledge of key advocacy networks / organizations in the region and ability to network with other organizations
3. At least two years experience in dealing with INGO, IO, UN and embassy representation, and direct experience in conducting research
4. High level of awareness of global and regional socio-economic, political and environmental issues
5. Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, collaborative, facilitation and time management skills
6. Cross cultural and facilitation skills, and must be willing to travel at least 30% in East Asia
7. Competent in written English communication and Computer literate; Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
8. Fully able to embrace organizational values and possess a high level of commitment towards the mission of WVC.
Interested applicants should obtain an application form from WVC office or download from WVC Website and submit a cover letter, personal CV, and ONLY photocopies of relevant formal Education certificates such as High School certificate, university degree, etc. : HR Department, World Vision Cambodia # 20, St.71, Sangkat Tonle Basak, Khan Chamkamorn, Phnom Penh, P.O Box. 479 Tel: 023 216 052. Website: wvi.org/cambodia Email to: email@example.com .
GO GREEN! SAVE THE TREES!
SUBMIT ONLY PHOTOCOPIES OF UNIVERSITY DEGREES OR EQUIVALENTS ONLY with your application. DO NOT submit photocopies of other certificates.
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
Closing date is 15 September 2014