Support children and their families in Tigray
Ethiopia is experiencing a triple crisis:
- Locusts have destroyed crops, decimated incomes and left many families hungry.
- COVID-19 has decimated livelihoods, and
- Conflict has forced tens of thousands of people from their homes.
World Vision has been working in the Tigray region for more than 40 years. Our staff are one the ground, providing support for those in need. Our greatest concern is for the safety and well-being of vulnerable populations, especially children.
Our team in Ethiopia is working, in coordination with other humanitarian organisations, to support families in need by:
- Providing shelter and non-food items to those who have been displaced.
- Providing access to safe drinking water and appropriate sanitation and hygiene facilities
- Partnering with health facilities to ensure they have the necessary supplies.
- Providing support to rehabilitate schools that were damaged to ensure children will be receive an education in safe and conducive environment.
The cash assistance is set to address the immediate needs of 8,395 sponsored children and IDPs who came from different parts of Tigray.
This report is dated Friday, February 5, 2021
This report is dated Monday January 11th 2021
This report is dated Monday January 4th 2021
This report is dated Tuesday December 29th 2021
This report is dated Friday December 11th 2020