World Vision is responding, and its Global Health Emergency Response to the most vulnerable people is centered on 17 countries, seven of which are in Asia-Pacific, through a multi-sectoral approach. Working in collaboration with local authorities, frontline health workers, academic institutions, faith leaders and communities, and local NGOs.
We urge the world to unite to focus on the most vulnerable children, especially refugees and displaced children.
As of April 24, 2020, here are some major highlights of our response:
- More than 7 million people including 3 million children reached
- At least 5 million people reached through the promotion of preventive behaviours
- Over half a million people received food security assistance
- More than 70, 000 people reached through IEC psychosocial materials
- Over 1000 religious leaders engaged to disseminate preventive measures and create hope